Video Tape Program in Australia
Let's get that run submitted for Judging!
Video Tape Program Guidelines
VIDEOTAPE PROGRAM (VT) – AUSTRALIA
The Video Tape program was first made available on 17 March 2020. The program is administered by the NADAC Australia Office.
Currently during the COVID pandemic the following VT Regulations have been lifted in regard to VT runs:
1) The limits on the number of VT runs that can be submitted is lifted
2) Double run submissions will be allowed (This means you can run a class like jumpers twice, like
you would in a trial, and earn a Q for each time)
3) Slatted contacts will be allowed for video submissions
4) Winged jumps can be substituted for wing-less jumps
VT Points do count towards Nationals requirements.
At this time we are not allowing Bonus Submissions via VT runs
- When can you run a VT run?
- During any period when trials have been cancelled due to special circumstances. (For example covid-19 pandemic) Please refer to the NADAC Australia website for any future special circumstance cancellations.
- During the non-trial season between 1st December – 15th February each year
- If you meet the living remotely criteria that prohibit you from entering a normally scheduled trial on the NADAC event calendar.
- VT runs cannot be submitted if there is a trial within 240km 5 days before AND 5 days after a submitted run
- How much space will be required to build the course?
- Most courses are either 80 by 100 feet or 90 by 90 feet. However, during the COVID-19 crisis, some small area courses have been designed.
- What classes will be available for VT runs?
- All NADAC Classes except for Gamblers.
- Equipment specifications.
- All equipment must meet NADAC specifications unless specifically cleared by the NADAC Australia Office. Currently, we are permitted winged jumps and other venue contacts but you must clear the use of these with the office first.
- Tunnels under the dog walk are always a 20-foot tunnel and cannot be substituted with a 15-foot tunnel. Tunnels under A-frames are always 15-foot tunnels and can not be substituted with a 20-foot tunnel.
- Courses and course building.
- You can view and download current VT courses using the button on this page.
- Courses must be built using a building by grid method to ensure that they meet NADAC course design and spacing requirements. The NADAC Australia Office will provide a course map with grid references and instructions on how to go about building the course.
- VT runs submitted showing courses not built appropriately will be scored as a non-qualify run due to improper course build and you will be notified.
- All runs must be videotaped from the time the dog and handler come to the start line on a leash to the time the dog is placed on leash and dog and handler has left the course area.
- Contact performances must be clearly visible on the video. Please use a second camera view if you are not able to show both contacts clearly with one camera.
- The entire run must be clearly visible on the videotape.
- Your video must be uploaded to YouTube as you will be required to provide a link to your video upon submission.
- Videos must be submitted within 5 days of running the course.
- The permitted number of runs.
- The maximum number of runs you are permitted to submit of the same course is 2 (Double format).
- You are not permitted to practice the course or sections of the course.
- You are not permitted to run a higher-level course for practice and then video a lower level for video submission.
- NADAC Rules.
- All NADAC rules apply
- Sound ethics and good sportsmanship are expected.
- Video Submission, costs and Judging
- Video submissions will be lodged via the NADAC Australia website
- Cost per run is $12.00 per run
- You will be invoiced for your runs and once payment is received the Office will begin the process of Judging your runs.
- Your runs will be judged by NADAC Judges within the NADAC Australia Office.
- You will be notified via email with your result and if successful your points will be added to your dog’s NADAC records.
SUBMIT YOUR VT RUN(S) FOR JUDGING BY COMPLETING THIS FORM
Would you like to train to be a NADAC Judge?
Drop us a line today and we can talk you through the process and the requirements!
What our NADAC Australia Dog agility exhibitors say
NADAC is the best. It caters for new dogs and handlers as well as for older dogs and handlers and everything in between. The courses are fun and flowing but still challenging, times are achievable and you get rewarded frequently along your NADAC journey. My boys and I love it.
NADAC is so cool. It caters for every dog and handler from beginner to advanced and from young to old and human athlete to fitness challenged. So much fun with your dog in a relaxed atmosphere.
I was introduced to NADAC agility, approximately 9 years ago. I was extremely happy and excited to join with my dog Harvie. Many things appealed to us. The opportunity to run your dog at a lower jump height. Harvie struggled with the regulation height at other codes. The lower height enabled us to keep playing agility. Only one ring running at any time. This was less stressful for me as a handler, not needing to be in multiple places at once and brilliant when you are running a second dog. Multiple types of courses, ie tunnelers, hoopers etc, are so much fun for everyone. I admire the NADAC philosophy, which makes allowances for veteran dogs and handlers. Most importantly, safety for all is the number one priority of NADAC. On a personal note, the Nadac community is very inclusive and supportive. I highly recommend Nadac to anyone who wants to have fun with their dogs, keep fit and join a great group of people.
NADAC has provided a safe and fun place for my rescue dog to play agility. It has been central to building his confidence. It has given him a way to use up mental and physical energy that may otherwise be used on destroying furniture or raiding bins! Thanks for helping to turn a nervous rescue pooch into a happy agility star.
Join our direct to you communication Service
The NADAC Australia Office will send important information and updates directly to your inbox. Never miss out on trial dates again! NADAC Australia exhibitors can stay in the loop re rules and new stuff!
Your privacy is assured, we only send helpful emails and you can unsubscribe at any time