There is even more fun to have at the Nationals by entering into the team event competition. It does not cost anything extra to participate. All you have to do is form a team comprising of 3 dogs. A handler may handle more than one dog in the team but it is more fun if you have 3 separate handlers. More people to cheer you on!
Here is what you need to know:
• It does not cost anything additional to participate in teams.
• A team consists of 3 dogs.
• Dogs competing in different levels/divisions may be on the same team.
• In the spirit of the competition, we ask that dogs are entered into the level they currently trial in for the team event classes (ie please do not level down to gain a competitive edge)
• All teams must have a “Team Name” and a “Team Uniform”. Be creative and have fun – your uniform can be simple or elaborate.
• Classes included in the Teams event are as follows;
1. Thursday 2 rounds of Barrelers
2. Friday 2 rounds of Jumpers
3. Saturday 2 rounds of Tunnelers
4. Sunday 2 rounds of Hoopers
• This year we will have a strategic switch element. Teams may elect to switch out a class for an alternate class. A team can only play the “switch out” twice. If a team elects to switch out a class then all team members for that team will be required to run the alternate class as part of the team event. The alternate class options are:
1. Thursday 2 rounds of Chances
2. Friday 2 rounds of Weavers
3. Saturday 2 rounds of Gamblers
4. Sunday 2 rounds of Touch N Go
This will allow a team to play to strengths. Just remember though if you switch out a class then all your team-mates will be scored on the alternate class. If you elect to play the “switch” then it must be declared at the time of entry.
• Scoring will be based on total number Q points earnt by the team.
• There will be a winning team and a runner up team
• Should there be a tie in Q points then the winning team and runner up team will be determined by a count back.